Oakwood spans the postcodes of N14 and EN4 and is situated to the east of Cockfosters.
The area derived its name from Oakwood Park which Southgate Council purchased in 1927 for £17,134 and opened to the public. Oakwood Park itself was named after Oak Lodge which stood on the grounds between the late nineteenth Century and The Great War. There is an avenue of Oak trees to the north of the park which up until recently were added to annually by the Mayor.
The arrival in Oakwood of the Piccadilly Line in 1933 heralded the start of a spectacular building boom. Builders bought up much of the land for development and estates began to eat up the countryside along Bramley Road and towards Cockfosters. Following the war a number of shops were opened around the Station - the commercial element of Oakwood has not spread much further than that to this day.
Need a survey? We can offer a quick turn around time and competitive rates for surveys on properties throughout North London