Building Project Consultancy
Our Project Management team provide bespoke professional services in assisting our clients to manage the process of design, planning, procuring and overseeing construction works for a variety of types of building. The project process aims to define and manage the scope, timing and cost of proposed works, to give our clients peace of mind and to meet the desired deliverables.
Our team specialise in the following types of project:
- Major works to residential and mixed use blocks.
- Fire, water, storm and impact damage reinstatement.
- Repair, alteration and refurbishment of commercial property.
- Larger projects of extension, alteration and improvements to dwellings.
Every job is different, but a successful project starts with spending time with the client and their building, to explore the aims and feasibility of their brief. Through a close and individual client relationship, this enables a greater understanding of the works and the formulation of an approach best suited to enable the project to reach the desired conclusion.
Along the way this can involve the following:
- Assessment and preparation of a feasibility report, to include the condition of a building.
- Scheme design work in tandem with our architectural services.
- Planning and Building Control applications also in tandem with our architectural services.
- Reviewing, advising upon and processing other statutory obligations, such as party wall legislation, HMO registration, health and safety obligations etc.
- Engagement and liaison with specialist consultants such as structural engineers.
- Preparation of detailed specifications, schedules of work and other documentation.
- Selection of suitable contractors to form a tender list.
- Preparation tender packages and issue tender invites to contractors and specialists.
- Receipt, analysis and query of competitive tenders received, followed by submission of a tender report.
- Pre-contract meeting to review the works, costs, start and completion dates, site set up, communication protocols, payment procedures and the like.
- Preparation of a suitable building contract.
- Making planned and ad hoc inspections of the works and chairing formal site meetings to monitor the scope, progress, quality and cost of works.
- Contract administration of any variations to the scope of works, applications for interim payments and the like.
- To review, seek instructions and formally authorise any variations in the scope of the works that may affect quality, cost or programme.
- To review, value and certify stage/interim payments.
- Managing completion to a satisfactory standard prior to handover
- Review of the final account and certification.
- Administering any follow on rectification periods.
The key to delivering the service and a successful project is a simple yet professional combination of technical knowledge, experience and team management by clear and timely communication.
If you are planning a building project, are interested in any of the above services or are simply unsure of what you actually need, we would be delighted to talk through your proposals and provide some preliminary advice. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team.