We’ve been resolving party wall disputes in Acton since 2007. Whether we are dealing with the removal of a chimney breast that backs on to a party wall or a double storey basement extension, our focus is on finding a fair balance between the building owner’s desire to complete their works as quickly as possible and the need to minimise risk and inconvenience to adjoining owners.
If you are about to buy your first Acton property you can also take advantage the experience of our team of Chartered Surveyors can offer. We can provide a range of pre-purchase surveys but the best way to decide which one best suits your needs is to call us on the number above for an initial consultation.
We’ve now been approached by five separate leaseholders in a block of flats in Acton W3 which was suffering from a combustible cladding issue and an estimated £100,000 remedial bill. The majority of the properties a shared ownership which means that’s the leaseholder owns a percentage e.g. 40% whilst the housing association/freeholder retains the remainder e.g. 60%.
Owners wanting to own more shares or to purchase the property outright need to require an RICS Red Book valuation from a Chartered Surveyor. Matthew Price MRICS is one of our most experienced valuers and has produced all five reports. Evidence of comparable sales was not straightforward as very few properties have sold in the past three years, since the cladding issue has come to light, which meant that obtaining details of sales from other local blocks was necessary with a suitable discount applied given the uncertainty as to whether the leaseholders or the freeholder would pick up some or all of the repair cost.
You can read further reviews from our clients in and around Acton on our Google Business page
Acton lies within the London Borough of Ealing, in the W3 district of West London. Tooting is considered ideal for commuters with both Overground and underground stations servicing the area and providing links to the city via the Piccadilly and District lines. As well as the large Acton Town underground station there is also Acton North, Acton East, Acton South, and Acton West. The London Transport Museum Depot can be found in the area giving visitors an insight into current transportation and its historical development.
The name Acton is derived from the old English name of “oak farm” as the area started as a small ancient village full of woodland and oak trees. No longer small, or a village, modern development has seen Acton absorbed by the city. It is now a thriving residential, and industrial, area and home to the city’s largest housing estate.
It also has several claims to fame after being featured in the cinematic world on more than one occasion. The most famous films featuring Acton were Aliens (1986) and Batman (1989.) Both have several scenes which were filmed in the disused Acton Power Station.
Leading London-based party wall specialists with a 35+ year history.
Breadth & depth of expertise provided by experienced team of RICS surveyors.
Straight forward and honest professional, impartial advice.
Up-to-date understanding of best practice and case law through training and CPD.
Members of relevant governing bodies – RICS, FPWS, P&T.